Increase your company's borrowing power with asset-based financing
Middle-market companies can find greater credit availability with asset-based lending provided by our Business Credit division. By focusing on your company's underlying assets — rather than primarily focusing on statement strength or leverage — we can structure flexible financing that helps move your business forward.
Put our strengths to work for you
We provide asset-based financing to companies with initial credit needs ranging from $5 million to $35 million. And, our monitoring of both credit and collateral allows us to underwrite loans that are outside the typical lending criteria of most traditional lenders.
Financing options include:
- Revolving lines of credit secured by accounts receivable and inventory
- Term loans secured by machinery and equipment, real estate, and other assets
- Structured overadvances based on proven cash flow or enterprise value
- CAPEX lines for equipment purchases for capital-intensive companies with pre-approved financing
- Ex-Im Bank lines based on foreign receivables and inventory
- Debtor-in-possession financing for companies facing or emerging from Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Businesses in a variety of industries, like manufacturing, wholesale, transportation, distribution, and service can obtain the financing they need to support:
- Growth through acquisition or expansion
- A leveraged buyout
- Refinancing of existing senior or subordinated debt
- A turnaround, recapitalization, or restructuring (including debtor-in-possession financing and out-of-court emergence facilities)
Why Wells Fargo Capital Finance?
We focus not just on closing transactions, but on understanding the broader business challenges you face and helping your company rehabilitate, develop, and grow. Working with us, you benefit from:
- Flexibility: Asset-based financing can provide increased flexibility without the restrictive covenants often inherent in most conventional facilities.
- Local service with national scope: You'll work directly with Wells Fargo Capital Finance representatives who provide local decision-making plus access to Wells Fargo's national resources.
- Experience: Our seasoned team, built through our 35-year history in asset-based lending, has a proven track record of closing challenging transactions and offering competitive pricing.
- Cash management services tailored to asset-based borrowers
- With our Loan Manager service, we can help you reduce your borrowing costs and the time you spend managing your cash and borrowing needs. Loan Manager connects your collection, operating, and investment accounts. It credits your loan account with deposited funds and advances funds from your Wells Fargo Capital Finance line of credit account to your operating account so you can meet your daily cash needs.
- Our dedicated treasury management services team can help you streamline your financial operations and optimize cash flow by accelerating receivables, controlling payables, making better use of available cash, and reducing your exposure to fraud.
- Life-cycle financing: Your company may have the ability to transition its credit facility to a traditional Wells Fargo Bank relationship.